Assigned: 2018 / Completed: July, 2019
110/6.3 kV Substation Biovet is located in Biovet Plant at the town of Peshtera. The Plant is specialized in producing medicated and nutritional feed additives, enzymes, bulk active substances and pharmaceuticals for animal productivity and health.
Investments were made in 2017 for building a new production unit of Biovet Plant and enlargement of the existing Substation necessary to power supply the new plant unit. Project for enlargement of 110/6.3 kV Substation Biovet concerns design, engineering, supply of equipment, construction and commissioning. It includes construction of new Control room, 110 kV Indoor Switchgear, 6 kV Switchgear, relay protection and SCADA. A reconstruction of the cable connection and a partial reconstruction of the existing Substation are also set in the project.
EL KONTROL completed the following activities:
- Installation of primary commutation equipment in the new Substation unit: 110 kV switchgear, steel structures, 110 kV cable ends, 110 kV surge arresters, current limiting reactors, 6.3 kV switchgears, 110/6 kV power transformers, 6/0.4 kV auxiliary transformers; accumulator battery, rectifier, invertors, 6 kV capacitor batteries, construction of earthing and lightning-protection installations;
- Installation of primary commutation equipment in the existing Substation unit: 110 kV three-phase disconnector with earthing switch, 110 kV surge arrester, 6.3 kV switchgear;
- Installation of secondary commutation equipment in the new Substation unit: manufacturing, delivery and installation of control switchboards, relay panels, communication switchboards, metering panels, auxiliary switchboards; laying and connection of power and control cables;
- Installation of 110 kV and 6 kV cables between new and existing Substation units;
- Installation of secondary commutation equipment in the existing Substation unit: manufacturing, delivery and installation of relay panels; delivery, laying and connection of power and control cables; construction activities;
- Construction of outdoor lighting installation in 110 kV switchgear at the new Substation unit;
- Construction of lighting and socket installation in Control room at the new Substation unit;
- Control tests and putting of all the equipment and installations under operational power.